onsdag 1. august 2012

Terra cotta-otta-ye-ye

New day, new opportunities, new city - or something like that. Anyway, the day before yesterday I arrived slightly hungover and very tired here in Xi'an, but I'm not easy to stop, so yesterday morning I got up really early and went on a guided tour of the terra cotta army right outside Xi'an.


First stop on the tour was the tomb of the first emperor Qin Shi Huang. If you can see that mountain thing in the background I can now tell you that is the tomb. It's man made and this is the closest we got. 




Because the first sight was so boring, I decided to take a picture of myself on top of a rock. Awesome!


That tall guy in the background does not stand on anything, he's just tall. 202 cm to be precise. And Danish. He kept speaking Danish to me all the time, and I smiled and tried really hard not to reply in English. Quite handsome though.


 Not so nice looking terra cottas and a nice looking terra cotta.


They're still digging and excavating and they expect to be finished in 10-20 years.


One terra cotta, two terra cotta, three terra cotta...


Seven hundred and eight terra cotta, seven hundred and nine terra cotta...


It's not easy to keep a straight face on a picture, when ten are staring at you and taking pictures at the same time.


Replicas. Not so fun and really expensive. If you want one, it only costs 22 600 yuan per piece.


I haven't changed much, I just got a little older!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Please write your name when commenting :)